Need Valentine’s dessert in a hurry? These Nutella mug cakes in the microwave are a fast fix and a splendid way to say “I love you” this Valentine’s Day.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Did Valentine’s Day sneak up on you this year? With day to day chaos, did the most romantic holiday of the year just slip your mind? Or maybe you had a plan to make a homemade dessert for your loved one but you ran out of time to prepare and now you need something fast. This happens to all of us at some point. There is no need to panic though, I can help! My recipe for delicious Nutella mug cakes in the microwave will help you whip up a tasty dessert for 2 in 2 minutes.
Valentine’s Dessert in A Flash
Even if you did wait until the day of to do some Valentine’s gifting, it is not too late to surprise your special someone with a homemade sweet treat. Using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen -or that you can still find at the store, even at the last minute- you can whip up a sweet surprise in no time. These mug cakes in the microwave are also a wonderful option for giving a homemade gift over the generic store candies that everyone else is getting.
To make Nutella mug cakes in the microwave all you need is flour, eggs, baking soda, salt, Nutella, a mixing bowl, a whisk, and some microwave-safe mugs. Just a few minutes and you will be on your way to a sweet homemade Valentine’s dessert.
Nutella Mug Cake Ingredients and Tools
This is a super quick and simple process that requires only a few things to make up these delightful mug cakes. The only tools you need for this job are:
Got your equipment? Great! Next, gather your ingredients and treat decorations. The ingredients you need for these Nutella mug cakes are:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Cooking spray oil -for the mugs
- Whipped Cream (optional)
How to Make Valentine’s Nutella Dessert for 2
Now that you have the ingredients and tools ready it’s time for the magic!
- First, spray the inside of the mugs with the cooking oil spray. This keeps your cake from sticking to the mug so you can get every last bite. It also makes clean-up a bit easier.
- Next, pour the flour, eggs, salt, baking soda, and Nutella into the mixing bowl and use the whisk to mix together.
- After you have your batter mixed well, evenly distribute the batter between the two microwave-safe mugs.
- Next, microwave 1 mug at a time for 1.5 minutes each. Then let cakes cool for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, once your cakes are cool, it is time to decorate. Top them with whipped cream, ice cream, or an extra dollop of Nutella. Garnish with chocolate lips and hearts for the ultimate Valentine’s Day charm.
Valentine's Day Recipes
Delectable Valentine’s Gift from the Heart
These adorable mug cakes are the perfect gift idea! No matter who you make them for, you are sure to win their heart over and put a smile on their face.
- Surprise your spouse or special someone with a little heart-felt and homemade Valentine’s Day dessert romance.
- Kids love these! Valentine’s is the day of showing love and affection so make the kids feel special too with their own mug cake. Just make sure the mug is no longer hot before letting them dig in.
- Hosting a Galentine’s instead? These will be a hit! What could be a cuter gift than individual mug cakes for your gal pals?
Go for Homemade on Valentine’s Day
The holiday of sweets is a great reason to get in the kitchen and work on those cooking and baking skills regardless of your relationship status. It is not at all necessary to be in love or in a romantic relationship to celebrate Valentine’s Day. If you live with a roommate, a sibling, a friend, or even your parents, you can still make their day (and your own) with this yummy goodie.
While everyone else is rushing around trying to find the last box of chocolates at the grocery store, you can skip all that and head straight for Valentine’s Day bliss. This is a simple, quick, homemade treat that will lead from your heart straight to theirs. If the generic candy is what you usually give, don’t get me wrong, it is still super sweet. But imagine the look on your loved one’s face when you surprise them with a treat you made with your own hands. I bet these quick little mug cakes will help you to make this the best Valentine’s Day yet.
Nutella Mug Cake
- Lightly spray inside of cups with cooking spray oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, salt, baking soda, and Nutella.
- Pour an even amount of cake batter into the two mugs.
- Microwave one mug at a time for 1.5 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or Nutella on top. Garnish with chocolate hearts and lips.