How to set up a red, white, and blue, 2 tiered, patriotic charcuterie board for the 4th of July.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
When it comes to 4th of July parties and celebrations we already know that yummy grilled foods are pretty much guaranteed. But it does seem like that always takes forever to really get it going. Between preheating the grill, last-minute food prep, and the actual cooking time, we already know that it will be a while before any grilled entrees are ready for devouring. Especially if you have to keep an eye on the kids at the same time. That’s why appetizers and snacks are an absolute must to keep everyone sane at any holiday gathering or celebration! That’s where a charming snack set up, like this July 4th Vertical Charcuterie Board, comes into play!
Charcuterie boards are perfect for creating the perfect holiday ambiance no matter what the occasion is! They are easy to arrange, set up, and add little touches of patriotic holiday decor too. But this particular vertical charcuterie board takes the snacking to a whole new level, literally! This method makes it easy to serve a diverse range of delectable snacks without taking up nearly as much space as a single tired charcuterie board. So this year, make it easy on yourself and your food table while keeping your guests totally satisfied with this vertical, patriotic snack board!
To arrange a vertical, patriotic charcuterie board you will need: a 2 tiered serving stand, some patriotic star-shaped bowls, a little 4th of July decor, some berries, grapes, snacking nuts, various cheeses, meats, and crackers. Start by pouring the smallest foods into the bowls and arrange them on the stand. Then, fill in some of the empty areas with the larger food items. Lastly, fill in the rest of the remaining space with smaller foods and snack fillers.
Tiered Charcuterie Board Equipment
When it comes to setting up aesthetically pleasing charcuterie boards, luckily we do not need a lot of equipment. In fact, if you don’t have the tools I specifically listed you can still work with the utensils you already have in your kitchen and still set up a stunning display.
Vertical Charcuterie Board Equipment:
- Two-tiered serving metal stand
- Red star-shaped dipping bowl
- Blue star-shaped dipping bowl
- White star-shaped dipping bowl
- 4th of July Fireworks Cocktail Picks
- Fourth of July ribbons set
If you want to save yourself from constant hand washing then you can get some food-friendly disposable gloves to use for food prep like washing, cutting, and arranging.
Patriotic Snack Board Ingredients
One of the absolute best things about preparing a charcuterie board is that you get to pack it out with a wide range of all of your favorite snacks! To make this particular snack board fit the patriotic holiday theme, make sure to mainly feature snacks that fit into the color scheme of red, white, and blue. Below I have listed all the snacks I chose for this particular charcuterie board and then I listed a few more patriotic-colored food items for you to think about.
- Fresh strawberries
- Here’s my simple guide on How to Keep Strawberries Fresh
- Red Seedless Grapes
- Salami Tuscano Chub
- Uncured Sopressata salami
- Stars Crackerbread
- Yogurt Raisins
- White Chocolate Bar
- Brie cheese
- Pistachios with shells
- Assorted Cheese
- Black Seedless Grapes
Other red, white, and blue potential ingredients:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Apple slices
- Yogurt covered pretzels
Homemade patriotic snacks to consider adding:
- Homemade Star-Shaped Chocolates
- Chocolate-covered pretzels for the 4th of July
- Homemade Star-Shaped Graham Crackers
How to Set Up a Vertical, Patriotic Charcuterie Board
Now it’s time for the really fun part! If you’ve ever set up a charcuterie board before then you know just how fun and exciting it turns out to be. Setting it up is almost as fun as getting to eat all the yummy snacks that you just filled it up with! Here’s my method for setting up charcuterie board success:
- First, make sure to start with a totally clean two-tiered serving metal stand.
- Next, fill in the red, white, and blue star-shaped bowls with the smaller foods such as yogurt raisins, pistachios, blueberries, and cashews.
- Then, arrange the patriotic bowls of small foods spread out on the 2 tray tiers.
- Next, start filling in the empty areas with the larger food items such as bundles of grapes, brie cheese, strawberries, and cauliflower.
- When arranging foods, try to keep the same colored foods together in groups to make more of a bigger visual impact through the patriotic color scheme.
- Then, fill in more empty space with the medium size foods such as sliced various cheeses and sliced salami.
- Finally, fill in the remaining empty spaces with the rest of the food fillers such as the star crackers and white chocolate bar. Tie a Fourth of July ribbon to the top handle of the serving tray and stick a few 4th of July Fireworks Cocktail Picks in several of the snacks.
Charcuterie Board Snack Storage
To safely store charcuterie board snacks, it is best to keep the individual foods saved separately and according to their particular needs since we are dealing with a bunch of different food groups and differing shelf lives. You can still prepare extra food if you need to for easy refills at the party but keep all of the foods stored in separate, airtight containers until you are ready to serve them.
More charcuterie boards ideas
S’mores charcuterie board
Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
4th of July charcuterie board
Easter charcuterie board
Fruit and Vegetable Board for Playdates
Making a Bagel Brunch Board
Patriotic Summer Serving Ideas
This patriotic charcuterie board is going to be perfect for appetizers and snacking throughout the whole day! Need a few more 4th of July recipes to make your food table complete? Here are some of my favorites:
More patriotic 4th of July recipes:
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Infused Water
- Patriotic Cinnamon Twists
- 4th of July Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels for the 4th of July
- Homemade Star- Shaped Graham Crackers
- Homemade Star-Shaped Chocolates
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- July 4th Charcuterie Board (single-tier serving tray edition)
- Pinwheel Cookies for the 4th of July
- Grilled S’mores
Other perfect summer recipe favorites:
- Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Salmon Steaks
- Grilled S’mores
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn- Elote
- Classic Guacamole
- Summer Cucumber Salad
- Chocolate-Dipped Watermelon Bites
Leave a Reply