How to easily cook Calrose rice in a rice cooker!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Hands down one of the best side dishes to serve with just about any meal is rice! Calrose rice can be served with salmon, chicken, shrimp, steak, or in rice bowls with plenty of veggies piled on top. Rice is not only satisfying but it’s also packed with nutritious benefits!
Now I know what you may be thinking. “I don’t want to have to dig out the big rice pot and have to watch closely as the rice cooks to make sure it’s not underdone nor overdone.” I get that feeling. That’s why I want to share my trick on the Easy Way to Cook Calrose Rice!
The trick here is simple: prep the rice right, then skip the big pot and opt for the rice cooker instead! I can’t tell you how much I love my rice cooker! It literally does all the work for me. I just rinse my rice well and let the cooker handle the rest.
And the best part is that even when the rice is done cooking, the cooker still keeps it at a perfectly warm temperature until I’m ready to serve it. Ready to get started? Here’s my Easy Way to Cook Calrose Rice!
To easily cook Calrose rice, all you need is: Calrose rice, water, a measuring cup, rice washer, and a rice cooker. First, rinse and strain the rice with a rice washer. Then, pour the rice into a rice cooker and cover with water. Stir and close the lid. Cook the rice per the rice cooker’s instructions, for about 25-35 minutes, or until there’s no liquid left. After cooking, check to make sure the rice is cooked thoroughly. Finally, serve and enjoy!
Easy Rice Equipment
First, let me go over my short and simple equipment list for this simple rice side dish. Nothing special is needed here, just a rice cooker and a few helpful kitchen tools. Here’s what I use to cook my easy Calrose rice:
Calrose Rice Ingredients
Did you like that short equipment list? Then you’re going to love my even shorter ingredient list! For this simple side dish I only need 2 ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup Calrose rice
- 2 cups water
How to Easily Cook Calrose Rice
Now let’s move on to the sweet simplicity of this rice recipe! This process is super simple so it’s perfect for beginners, or when you just need an easy side dish idea at the end of a long day. Here’s my trick for the easy way to cook Calrose rice:
- First, prepare and measure out the rice ingredients with the measuring cup.
- Next, set out a large glass mixing bowl.
- Place the rice washer inside the empty bowl.
- Then, pour the Calrose rice inside the washer.
- Pour cold water over the top to rinse the rice. Stir to make sure all of the rice gets rinsed thoroughly.
- Alternatively, you can rinse the rice in the sink under running cold water.
- After rinsing and draining the rice, transfer it to a rice cooker.
- Then, pour the 1 ½ cups of water in the next and secure the cooker lid.
- Cook the rice per the rice cooker’s instructions.
- This should be about 25-35 minutes, or until there’s no liquid left.
- When the rice is ready, the rice cooker will stop cooking and just keep the rice at a warm temperature until you’re ready to serve.
- After cooking, double-check to make sure the rice is cooked thoroughly.
- Finally, serve and enjoy this easy rice side dish!
Storing Calrose Rice
To store Calrose rice: first, let the rice cool to room temp. Then scoop it into an airtight container and label the date on the outside to keep up with freshness. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
More Rice Recipes
Delicious Dinner Ideas
There are all kinds of ways to serve this yummy rice side dish! Serve it up with some salmon, or grilled shrimp, or make your own rice bowls for a fun dinner experience! Here are some more of my easy rice recipes along with a few more side dish options and quick meats to pair with it:
More rice recipes:
Scrumptious side dishes:
- Easy Dinner Rolls
- Cast Iron Cornbread
- Summer Cucumber Salad
- Easy Coleslaw
- Steamed Asparagus
- Instant Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot Whole Potatoes
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad
Quick meats and proteins:
- Salmon Steak
- Shrimp on the Grill
- Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Baked Chicken Breast
- Grilled Chicken Breast
Easy Way to Cook Calrose Rice
- 1 ½ cup calrose rice
- 2 cups water